Useful Phone Numbers
– is a voluntary organisation providing support through depression.
– is a voluntary organisation that provides a range of support services for people affected by eating disorders, including specific services for families and friends.
– is an organisation that helps people who have had, or are currently experiencing mental health problems.
– is an online mental health promotion project to help prevent suicide and it provides appropriate information and support to young people.
- is a website to help you understand more about what’s getting you down, and hopefully find a few ways to help.
Mental Health Ireland
– is a national voluntary organisation that aims to promote positive mental health and actively support people with mental illness, their families and carers by identifying their needs and advocating their rights.
– is a national helpline which provides 24 hour emotional support for those feeling despair. 1850 60 90 90.
– is a national organisation dedicated to upholding the rights and addressing the needs of all those affected by enduring mental illness.
– is an online youth powered national charity working to empower young people to create personal and social change.
Other Useful Contacts
– is an organisation that supports children whose well-being is under threat, by working with them, their families and communities and by campaigning for the rights of children.
– is a national 24 hour helpline to empower, support and protect young people.
– is a national organisation working with communities in Ireland to make sure that young people aged 12 to 25 are better supported to achieve mental health and wellbeing.
National Service User Executive (NSUE)
– is an organisation set up to help ensure that the voice of people with mental health problems is heard in the planning and delivery of services.
Office of the Minister for
– is part of Department of Health & Children, set up to give a stronger voice to children on issues that affect them in society.
For Complaints or Comments:
Health Service Executive
– a HSE website which tells you how to make a comment, compliment or complaint about a public health service.
Ombudsman for Children
– is an organisation there to make sure that the government and other people who make decisions about young people really think about what is best for young people. They give more information on your rights on their website.